Study in the USA with a funding from Bangladesh
The United States of America (USA), often known as the United States (US), or America, is a confederation of fifty states that is one of the biggest and most populous nations in the world. It is located in North America. The United States of America also has a number of overseas colonies, including five significant autonomous areas. Therefore, it is now quite simple for Bangladeshis to study in the United States on a scholarship.
The United States welcomes students from all over the world since it has the best educational system in the world and a large number of prestigious universities. You have made a wise choice if you are a Bangladeshi student considering studying in the USA. In the United States, there are more than 5,000 colleges and institutions.
Numerous scholarships are available to international students from US colleges and universities. Many Bangladeshi students receive scholarships to attend school in the US. You need to have a strong academic background, a strong IELTS or TOEFL score, an exceptional SAT score for undergraduate programs, and a strong GMAT or GRE score for postgraduate programs if you want to be considered for scholarships in the United States.
In the USA, there are countless affordable universities where you can attend classes at your own budget. Continue reading if you would like to study in the USA from Bangladesh on a scholarship or your own cost. You can accomplish your ambition with the assistance of this thorough manual.
|Capital||Official & National Language||Population||Area||Currency|
|Washington, D.C.||English||328 M+ (Dec, 19)||9.834 m km²||USD|
Why You Study in the USA?
- The USA hosts more than 5000 colleges and universities, thus the opportunities are more than that of any other country.
- More than 50 US universities are ranked within the top 100 according to the QS World University ranking.
- The USA offers the highest number of scholarships to international students.
- A wide variety of courses and programs are available in US colleges and universities.
- The USA is the host of the most tech-giant companies, including Google, Facebook, Amazon, SpaceX, Microsoft, Netflix, and many more.
- The job market of the United States is highly saturated since the country hosts the most major financial hubs.
- American degrees are the most preferable by employers around the World.
Best Universities in the USA for International Students
Here are the 30 best US universities for Bangladeshi Students below
|Harvard University||University of Chicago||California Institute of Technology (Caltech)|
|Stanford University||Cornell University||Emory University|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)||Duke University||Rice University|
|University of California Berkeley (UCB)||Johns Hopkins University||University of Washington, Seattle|
|The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)||University of Southern California||Washington University in St. Louis|
|Yale University||Northwestern University||Georgetown University|
|Columbia University||Carnegie Mellon University||The University of California, San Diego (UCSD)|
|Princeton University||University of Michigan||Vanderbilt University|
|New York University (NYU)||Brown University||The University of Texas at Austin|
|University of Pennsylvania||Boston University||The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
Top 10 US Universities with Most International Students
Here are the top 10 US universities with the most international students below.
Top Universities List
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Stevens Institute of Technology
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- The New School
- Northeastern University
- Columbia University
- Rice University
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
- Georgia Institute of Technology
Moi Accepted Universities in USA
- University of Colorado
- University of Arkansas
- Drexel University
- University of New Orleans
- California State University
- University of Iowa
Here is a summary of the prerequisites for admission to US universities.
Bachelor’s / Undergraduate Study:
- A high school diploma or equivalent with a minimum GPA of 3.50, or A – Level or equivalent
- English language: minimum TOEFL 61 to 89, or IELTS 6 or equivalent.
- Can apply to Pathway programs with TOEFL score 55 to 74 or IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.
Master’s / Post-Graduate Study:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 3 or equivalent.
- English language: minimum TOEFL 78 to 100, or IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
- Can apply to Pre-masters with minimum TOEFL 55 to 80 or IELTS 5.5 or Equivalent.
Top Courses to study in the USA for Bangladeshi Students
Here are some of the best courses you can choose to study in the United States as a student from Bangladesh.
- Computer Science
- Data Science and Business Analytics
- Blockchain Technology
- Software Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence
- Business Management
- Chemistry and many more
Admission Requirements in US Universities for Bangladeshi Students
In America, there are more than 5000 colleges and institutions. There are thousands of programs to choose from at US schools and universities. Generally speaking, Bangladeshi students who choose to study in the USA choose Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D. programs. Here is a summary of the admission requirements for Bangladeshi students at American universities.
|Bachelors||Minimum GPA of 3.0 in SSC and HSC or equivalent along with an IELTS Score of 6.0Many Programs require SAT or ACT scores.|
|Masters||Minimum CGPA of 2.5 in Bachelor along with an IELTS Score of 6.0Many programs require GRE or GMAT scores|
|Ph.D.||Minimum CGPA of 3.0 in Masters along with an IELTS Score of 6.5Most programs require GRE or GMAT scoresHaving a published journal or research paper would be a plus|
Student Visa Requirements in the USA
For Bangladeshi students, there are three main types of US student visas available: the F-1 Student Visa, the J Exchange Visa (J-1), and the M Student Visa (M1)
Most F-1 Student Visa applications come from Bangladeshi students.
Let’s look at the requirements for obtaining a student visa in the USA.
Documents Checklist for Visa Application:
- A valid passport with a validity of at least 6 months beyond your period of stay in the United States
- I-20 form from the US university or college you have applied for
- A complete Visa application
- Visa application fee payment
- Your photograph in the required format and number as well
- Bank statement with the proof of fund
- Academic records
Cost to study in the USA for Students from Bangladesh
Visa Fees for Bangladeshi Students:
The student must also go for an interview at the embassy. Dependents must submit a separate visa application form and pay an extra visa application cost.
Depending on the institution and degree of study, American education costs vary. The average annual tuition costs by type of institution are listed below:
State College or University:
Bachelor: $15,000 to $35,000
Private College or University:
Associate Degree $2,527
Living expenses in USA for international students
Students must budget for accommodation, food, transportation, and other daily living costs in addition to tuition. Students must demonstrate their financial ability in accordance with the state’s living expenses for the specific university.
Boston (Massachusetts) and Miami (Florida): $1,500–3,000 USD/Month
Atlanta (Georgia): $1,200–2,200 USD/Month
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania): $800–1,300 USD/Month
Washington D.C. and New York City: $1,700–3,000 USD/Month
Los Angeles (California): $1,500–2,500 USD/Month
San Francisco (California): $2,200–4,000 USD/Month
San Diego (California): $1,400–2,400 USD/Month
New Orleans (Louisiana): $1,100–2,000 USD/Month
Seattle (Washington): $1,500–2,500 USD/Month
Chicago (Illinois): $1,300–2,500 USD/Month
Detroit (Michigan): $1,000–1,800 USD/Month
Dallas (Texas) and Houston (Texas): $1,000–2,000 USD/Month
Scholarships & Grants for Bangladeshi Students in the United States
Both private and governmental colleges give eligible and meritorious students financial incentives. Academic records, IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, GRE, GMAT, and other test results are taken into consideration when awarding merit-based scholarships.
There are many portals available to check a student’s eligibility. A list of scholarship portals is shown below:
- College Board: Financial aid source for scholarships, grants, and loans for all USA college-bound students
- FastWeb: Scholarship search service
International Scholarships: Scholarship database for international student
- Mobility International USA: Scholarship resource for non–USA citizens with disabilities
- International Education Financial Aid: Scholarship search service for international students
Work Opportunities for International Students in the United States
Let’s see the overview of work opportunities for Bangladeshi Students in the United States
Working On-Campus with F1 Visa
Only F1 visa holders are permitted to work on-campus. During regular full-time semesters, students may work 20 hours per week. During study breaks, they may work full-time (including winter and summer breaks). Usually, the school cafeteria, library, research labs, or admissions offices have work available on campus.
Working Off-Campus with F1 Visa
Two alternatives exist for off-campus employment for international students. To be qualified for off-campus employment, they must have completed at least their first academic year. Options include:
Optional Practical Training (OPT): OPT gives students the opportunity to take part in an off-campus work or internship, provided that it is related to their area of study. STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) programs provide the option of OPT extensions. Students who want to apply for OPT must get a second visa. Pre-Completion OPT and Post-Completion OPT are the two alternatives available to students.
Curricular Practical Training (CPT): In their program curriculum, CPT permits students to take part in off-campus training, job, and internship opportunities.
Working as Temporary Non-Immigrant Workers
Students can apply to work temporarily in the USA after graduation. The applicant must submit an application to the United States Citizenship & Immigration agency for a non-immigrant work permit.